Like any financial transaction, there are certain criteria that must be satisfied before LCM will agree to finance a case.
- Recoverability. There must be a clear line to recovery for the claim in that it must be demonstrated that the defendant has the capacity to meet a judgment of the size which will be sought.
- Proportionality. There must be proportionality between the size of the claim and the funding commitment sought.
- Clear Legal Principles. The claim must be based on clear legal principles and not any novel points of law.
- Written Evidence. The claim should be supported by factual and legal analysis based on documentary evidence rather than oral testimony of witnesses and experts.
- Experienced Legal Team. There must be a highly competent and experienced legal team in place with the relevant expertise to pursue the claim.
LCM’s team of investment managers are all lawyers specialising in commercial litigation with significant experience who can provide support, strategic input and assistance with the management and monitoring of the claim to a successful conclusion.